- Do we write letters when we can talk to people over phone? Do we even call when we can send some a message through SMS. Do we even spend Rs.1/SMS just to say "Hi" when we can simply Whatsapp (If we don't count the Internet charges)? The answer is known to everyone: "NO". Then why do the children have to select a place and meet there if they want to have GROUP STUDY when they can simply group chat and discuss about their study and progress?We all know how studying in group helps more than studying alone.
- Have you always been the topper of your class? Have you never ever suffered from inferiority complex seeing someone doing better than you. Have you always been able to ask all your doubts clearly to the teachers in front of a full class? I know many-if-not-all would say No. These kind of students would find it very easy to ask about his/her doubts to only the teacher through Social Media where the whole class wouldn't be there to laugh at his/her dumb questions(Sometimes it may be such but that too needs to get cleared).
- In past years, if a student had missed school one day, he/she would have to wait to meet friends back at the school and take the notes that he/she missed. But if the note is given in a soft copy, they can be shared within moments, and even if they are not, the students can easily scan or take a photo and share them which are equally useful.
- And the most important thing, the parents don't have to wait for the PTMs to meet the teachers and know about their children performance. Parents, Students and Teachers can stay connected easily through Social Media.
- The students can connect to their Alumni and ask for any kind of suggestions.
- Along with being Pacific of Knowledge, Internet is also very much distractive with lots of eye-catching things being cultivated through out the online world which could really be harmful for the innocent, immature and curious minds of teens.
- Sometimes students face Cyber-bullying (Cyber-bullying is the use of information technology to repeatedly harm or harass other people in a deliberate manner) by other students through social media.
- Students can start sharing inappropriate photographs, contents, videos which are easily available online which can affect students' minds badly.
- Students continually depending on Social Media become less interested in meeting people face-to-face as they lack the social-life-skills.
- The easily accessible information decrease the willingness of students to remember something.